Recommendations and references
How to use a milk replacer
For correct use of milk replacer in an automatic distributor (bottle or bucket with teats)
- Temperature control
- Hot water at 50 °C (to be adjusted depending on the device: water coming out of the teats should not be too hot, in this case water at 45 °C/50 °C)
- Distribution temperature 42 °C in the teats
Caution: Monitor temperatures weekly
Control of milk replacer concentration
- Calibrating the water and powder quantities:
- Water quantity: the machine will automatically calibrate the quantity of water but be aware of variations linked to water pressure and check that pipes and preparation bowls are not clogged.
- Powder quantity: manual calibration. The machine requires a quantity of powder to be weighed and the result to be recorded (suggestion: repeat three times in a row to record an average weight).
- Monitoring concentration is mandatory.
For correct use of milk replacer in a BUCKET (bottle or bucket with teats)
Pour the necessary quantity of water at a temperature of 50 °C into a clean bucket.
Add the quantity of weighed powder and stir energetically for roughly thirty seconds.
Use a mixer to stir for a few minutes.
Feeding at a temperature of 42 °C.